Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Raw "as live" 10/04

Commenting on this show as I watch it back off my Sky+ box. No results known (for a change). We've started out with a lengthy and fairly pointless long promo between Edge, HHH and John Cena. I could recap, but I was pretty bored. Suffice to say, the main event is HHH tagging with Cena to take on Edge, which at least is an interesting arangement for a change. Oh, and along the way, HHH refers to Mick Foley as the annoying turd you can't flush away. This was memorably the same reference that Shawn Michaels made to Owen Hart back in the day, turning him into The Golden Nugget.

Anyways, onto Rob "I've got copies of those pictures that Mark Henry and JBL have" Conway vs RVD. Shelton comes out to commentate, and challenges RVD to a match over the money in the bank suitcase at Backlash. Which suits me fine. Shelton is fantastic in my opinion, and matching him up with RVD is a gread call. RVD wins in a squash match, frogstar to finish of course. RVD is interviewed on the walkway, and challenges Shelton back over the Intecontinental title. Interesting.

Mickie James does a great psycho interview segment with Maria, and offers her a title shot tonight. Oh and a first look at Kane's horror movie. Woo. I can hardly wait.

I've just seen it. Oh well.

Spirit Squad are out to defend the World Tag Team championship. Dumb gimmick in some ways, but they can clearly wrestle some, and they have also used a trampet a bit in matches, which I've felt for a while could be used to good effect somehow. Kane is huddled in the hallway, being haunted by the release date of his film. Good. Out for a rematch for the titles. Yadda yadda yadda Kane gets disqualified and chokeslams the ref and Bg show etc.

Umaga out to win a squash match. Uses his thumb to make him submit. Fancy.

Then Carlito discussing the dissolution of their partnership with Masters. Carlito grows on me the more I see him, always makes me laugh as a promo. Even pulled out a stunning double rope springboard move a few weeks back. Waffles Masters with a chair there, bit of style to it too. I love it when someone is handed a really dumb empty gimmick, and still make it work.

Mickie James (dressed of course as Trish Stratus) beats Maria easily, then is lauded in her victory by Trish Stratus, dressed as Mickie James, including going brown (or a wig, I'm no expert on this). Kisses her and everything, much to Mickie's confusion.

Finally, we get HHH & Cena vs Edge. The ideal way of using these two, getting Edge to do the bulk of the actual wrestling. HHH tries to steal the win, gets FU'd for his trouble, and Cena picks up the win. Please let us have Edge win this and wrestle other people after Backlash. No hope, I know.

Score this one two wavy hands out of five, and we're out.

No comments: